20.3.16

FAVOURITE INSTAGRAM - Styling kit




Perhaps this shot should be labeled, 'Confessions of a Food Stylist'? The starting gun has been fired and shoots began on my new book last week. Monday was mostly spent trying to locate fresh kaffir lime leaves, perfect sour cream pastry and negotiate my way around the dried pulse aisle. Tuesday began at 6:30am with my hands stripping the meat from boiled ham hocks and didn’t end until at least 16 hours later when I finaly landed back at home.
We had 18 recipes, 2 days, 1 editor, 1 photographer and 2 foodies. We worked tirelessly, fulled by coffee and a ticking clock.

This image, of olive oil in a jar, makes me smile. It’s one of the tricks you learn over the years that dishes sing with a brief encounter of oil, just before a shot.   

No comments:

Post a Comment