I wrote this recipe for Tesco and I wasn't expecting to love it so - there is a limit to how good brussels sprouts can taste, right?! Well actually no, these were epic. Festive, slightly crispy and somewhat worryingly salty, everything you'd hope for in a Christmas side.
MISO ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS
PREP TIME – 10 MINUTES
COOKING TIME – 15-20 MINUTES
SERVES – 6
1 x 500g bag of Tesco brussels sprouts, trimmed
3 heaped tsp. Tesco miso paste
40g Tesco English unsalted butter
1 tbsp. olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180oc, Fan 160 Gas mark 4
2. Bring a large pan of salted boiling water to the boil and add your brussels sprouts. Cook for 4-5 minutes until tender when a knife is inserted.
3. Meanwhile melt the butter in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Once melted remove from the heat and add the miso paste, mix together with a spoon until incorporated.
4. In a roasting tin toss together the Brussel sprouts, olive oil and butter miso mixture.
5. Roast for 15-20 minutes until tender and browned. Serve as a side or nibble.