11.9.13

Honey and Co.



I've wanted to visit Honey & Co. for a while; the reviews I'd read and look of the place were right up my street and a sweet friend offered lunch in payment for one of my paintings.

Summer lingered for a few hours longer which made our Tuesday all the more special. The floor was tiled in a sea blue and ivory mosaic. There was a huge bowl of felt peaches sitting by the counter and jars of rhubarb jam for sale.

The waitress picked our food, saying they were the dishes she like to eat. A salad of goat's cheese, pink figs, salted pistachio, mint and eucalyptus was beautiful and delicate. Cured tuna on toast with a tiny hard boiled egg and crunchy sesame falafel saw our appetites satisfied. 

A few steps from Warren St tube wasn't the easiest location for me but I'm so glad to have made the effort. Honey and Co. is a delight; it's open for lunch and dinner and can be booked ahead. 




No comments:

Post a Comment