22.2.13

Crunchy Gooey Cocoa Fancies


            

I don't know why I do it. I can't stop myself baking sometimes. There is loads to do; appointments to be booked, washing to be washed, cars to be serviced, calls to be made and e-mails answered but something makes me ignore the list and bake. 

Today I followed a recipe that an American friend sent. It's incredible. Just egg whites, a little salt, cocoa powder, coffee granules and icing sugar. That is it. 8 minutes in the oven. From reading the recipe to dipping the chewy blobs into your tea could be less than 20 minutes. 

You have to try them!! 

                       

       

Crunchy Gooey Cocoa Fancies


250g icing sugar
1/4 tsp salt 
1 tsp instant coffee granules
85g cocoa powder 
3 large egg whites

1/ Preheat the oven to 180C. Get your baking sheets all ready and lined with paper.

2/ Stir or whisk the icing sugar, egg whites, instant coffee granuals, salt and cocoa powder until lovely and smooth.

3/ Drop the mixture onto the baking sheet in little circles; about 1-2 inches wide.

4/ Bake for 8 minutes. Allow to cool for a minute or two. Now dunk or don’t dunk. What ever you prefer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment